24 February 2005

Home, again.

I am now back home after my brief visit with Edd in the UK. The remainder of our visit from where I last posted, was spent largely hanging out in Leamington Spa, eating 7 pound Pizza Hut pizza (that is so outrageous), visiting Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, being sick and slightly miserable, playing Neverball compulsively, and generally enjoying the company of Edd and his delightful roomates.

We also went to Bruxelles, Belgium for the weekend (well, Saturday to Tuesday morning) to visit Edd's family. Unbeknowst to us ahead of time, President Bush was commencing his European tour in Bruxelles while we were there. This translated to the city being placed under excessive security: helicopters circling the sky constantly, closed Metro stops, and most shockingly, moveable baracades covered in razor wire on sidewalks of major streets, 'just in case' crowds rioted and needed to be restrained. God forbid someone trip and fall near/on to the barricades and hurt themselves.

We also ate the standard waffles, moules et frites, and copious amounts of Belgian chocolates comme d'habitude. On our last night, Edd and I bought a 21 Euro cake from Pierre Marcolini, who was voted the world's best chocolatier in 2002. It was amazing, but I can't believe we spent the equivalent of 35 Canadian dollars on a cake!

Home now, to routine. I always get mildly depressed returning to my dark room, to my detached life here in Toronto...

No comments: