05 August 2005

Lists are neat.

So apparently I don't post enough. This is probably because I don't feel like I ever do anything particularly interesting to write about. But since you asked for it, here is an itemized list of what I have done lately:

- Slept a mere 45 minutes after a long night of dancing, because we had to get up and go dance some more. The second time on a boat.

- Wrote an essay that I should've spent at least a couple weeks on, in a matter of hours. For me, this is quite an accomplishment.

- Went to Welland/Niagara Falls/Niagara-on-the-Lake/Buffalo for the long weekend. Highlights include mocking the poor sod risking his life on a tight rope in Niagara Falls - no one was watching him at all - , and the constant gorgefest Ben and I partook in; the searing indigestion was completely worth it.

- Hosted a Newcastlian. One of Edd's mates, Geordie, has been visiting for a couple weeks from Gateshead so the boys have been touring around. Apparently the Ontario Science Centre sucks.

- Have *not* worked. Nearly every shift I've had for the past 3 weeks has been cut entirely. Although I enjoy not having to spend my time doing mindless tasks for hours on end, I am also devoid of monies. This is going to become increasingly problematic over the next few weeks.

- Booked my flight home to Vancouver. I arrive August 22 and depart September 2. I initially intended to stay longer but I have obligations, such as Frosh Leadering and feeding my cat, which beckon me back here sooner.

I'm sure that there is a lot more trivial stuff I have done as of late, but this, sadly, is la creme de la creme. However, there is hope, as this weekend is the Taste of the Danforth and I plan to get their asap and start ingesting as much tzatziki and pitas as possible in polite company.

4 comments:

Leonard said...

thata girl! that was an excellent post. i'm looking for a tri-weekly installment from you until you return home to vancouver - in which i will see you every day. ;) then when you return to toronto, you will have many rediculous things to talk about on your blog.

The Red Fork said...

Addendum: we drank 5 Caesars each and saw a sexy, stylish, Swedish, silly band.

Anonymous said...

The science centre does indeed suck, but in a totally awesome way. Who doesn't love cutting edge space exhibits from the eighties? Everyone should get down to the OSC!

Anonymous said...

Yey! I'm sooo pleased and honoured that I have a mention in your blog! Thankyou Krista! Love the pictures of the cat. As for the science center Edd summed it up perfectly!