26 September 2005

Fraternities suck.

It's nice to see my next door neighbours being recognized in the paper. All summer long, I had to listen to the incessant noise and obnoxiousness of the frats clustered around our apartment, especially since there are no less than 3 frats within 50 meters of our place. It makes no difference that we are 14 stories up; we can hear all the noise as the hot weather has necessitated windows being left open. It is beyond me, and pretty much everyone else in the world beside North Americans, as to why students opt to join these associations. I guess creating an exclusive clique is the only way some people feel any sense of self-worth.

(And stop defiling my people's alphabet with your trashy associations, god damn it!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That link goes to a login do-hickey.

Frats are dumb.

The Red Fork said...

It never occurred to me that a Greek might have a problem with all this. Down with frats! Except the one that returned my mom's lost wallet to her and Wendy B. bought pizza for all the guys. Phi Kappa Sucka I think they were called. Remember when I didna think I'd get into res. for 3rd year and considered applying to a sorority? That was funny, briefly.

Anonymous said...

I saw the article, I can give you a summary Hamish.
Neighbours: Quiet down! We hate you obnoxious arseholes!
Frat leader/grand master or whatever he's called: Hey man, there are 17 of us, all in like, one house, that's gonna be loud. BETA KAPPA JOCKSTRAP!

Frats *are* dumb.

The Red Fork said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ouch krista.

--your majorly neglected greek-affiliated american friend.