04 July 2006

THANK YOU!

As of 9 pm EST last Thursday, I am finished university. There are no words to express my enthusiasm....

I want to send a huge thank-you to all the people who have supported me over the past 5 years and given me endless support, particularly my mother and my sister who have helped me to keep things in perspective, even when things seemed overwhelmingly difficult. Thank you to all the wonderful friends I've made over the years in Toronto, you will never, ever be forgotten. Thank you to the friends I've made on my exchange in New Zealand, my journey to the other side of the planet would not have been as joyous without you. And thank you to my friends here in Vancouver, who despite having seen me sporadically at best over the past few years, have welcomed be right back into their lives. And finally, an extra special gracias to Edward whose unfaltering love and support over the years has helped me to excel...

I also want to say merci bien to all those who came to visit me over the years in Toronto: Laura and Hamish (from New Zealand) Frank (from Norway), my mom, Leonard (from Va ncouver), Edward (from the homogenous nation of Europe), Muck (from England), Kat (from New Zealand) and Sara (from Vancouver), Becca and Marek (from Poland), and Penny and Gareth (from Belgium). My experiences in Toronto would not have been nearly as fun and memorable without your presence.

Once more, thank you!


6 comments:

Queen Karana said...

Hi there... Just stumbled into your blog and thought I'd say congrats on finishing University! :) It's a great feeling when you finally realize that all of your hard work has paid off!

Becca said...

Congratulations once again! You know, you are going to be great if you ever win an oscar ;-) Enjoy that feeling of being able to relax and enjoy yourslf without the niggling thought in the back of your head about that essay you are supposed to finish, or the exam you have to study for... congrats!

Rena said...

Congrats, Krista! I know how hard you've worked and the sacrifices that you have made over the past 5 years to study at the U of T. Thanks for continuing to inspire! Now, let the festivities begin...

Krista said...

Awww, thanks Becca and Rena. Yeah, that was a little like an Oscar speech, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hiya, congrats from both of us. You rock, I only wish we could visit more often, as will hopefully be the case in the not too far distant future.

Love, Laura & Hamish

Jen said...

Congratulations Krista, on a job well done! I'm sure this is only the beginning of your great achievements. For now, hope you get some time to relax and enjoy...