07 November 2004

Desperate Times.

I was doing my daily surfing around of various news sites, and I came across this:

Ground Zero Suicide Inspired by Election. You can read the story here.

Heather and I were discussing it, and we agreed that though he did make his point quite explicit, after the news hype has passed, he is ultimately dead, and for what? How will his death improve the political situation? He was a young guy, and Bush's reign is only another 4 years, so it seems pretty drastic to end his life over the election results. I better call my American friends and make sure they're not having such a hard time with the election outcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is it proabably was all for nothing. He'll no doubt be written off as some radical crazy. Who did drugs... and wanted to marry a man... who killed babies for a living.
Still, a real shame.