22 January 2005

Blowing snow.

Thanks for all the supportive comments both on here, and those which were verbally/textually communicated to me in regards to my last post. I guess I was exaggerating slightly, but I remain firm that this is certainly not my ideal living situation. At least it's economically priced!

Today is perhaps the most intensely "Canadian-winter" type day I've experienced since I've returned to Canada. It's about - 30 with wind chill, and snow hasn't stopped falling since last night. There's also a blowing snow warning, which means for all you unfamiliar with extreme Canadian weather, snow essentially blows directly in your face and therefore blinds you. It's pretty straightforward. Though I have no intentions to go outside unnecessarily today, I am enjoying looking out the window and seeing all the pretty snow.

As of late, I have been working approximately 20 hours a week. Although I know Sarah kicks ass and works that much quite regularly, I am a big wuss and can't handle school full-time and working so much. I'm not sure what's going to give - either I'll have to drop a course, or I'm going to have to drop down to a shift here and there each week. The problem is, people keep offering me their shifts, and I can't refuse, what with my impending trip to Britannia next month. We'll see how the semester progresses.

Other than that, Laura and Hamish are supposed to be arriving in Toronto today!! Guys, if you read this before we talk, contact me so I know you've arrived!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The winters are bad but the other 3 seasons are great while Vancouver is 12 months of depressing rain. You tend to get a little peed when it rains 60 days in a row.

Bread is also expensive for some reason.

Nice mountains, trees and water though.

The men are cute as well.

Keep working hard. You make us Greeks proud.

Krista said...

Reveal yourself, mystery stranger!

Anonymous said...

http://www.funnygreek.com/



OPA!!