03 May 2005

On C-, and occasionally, B-list celebutantes.

Given Toronto's 'booming' film industry, and Queen Street West's reputation for ultra-trendy and consequently expensive shopping, occasionally 'celebrities' find their way to my work place. Accordingly, I've decided to dedicate this post to the various C- and even B-list celebrities who have graced my store with their presence. I must give credit where credit is due: if it wasn't for my co-workers, I'd never know any of the following people who I unknowingly served were actually 'celebrities'.

- Meg Tilly, sister of slightly less obscure actor Jennifer Tilly. While she is known to thirtysomethings as a member of the cast of Big Chill (1983), more importantly to me, she has a child with the Colin Firth, pointed out by Lara, one of my managers.

- the dude from Xmen 2, who I helped out just the other day. I still don't really know or care who he is, but my co-worker Michael sure thought it exciting!

- Some grumpy editorial guy from CityTv. Really not very exciting, but Ashlee would argue quite the contrary

- This very creepy and disturbingly fresh-faced VJ from MuchMusic (ok, I admit I knew who he was!)

Ok. So this is pretty much it. Not particularly exciting people, huh? However, I have made another list of celebrities who according to my co-workers, have allegedly stepped foot into our store:

- Jann Arden, Canadian singer/songwriter (and purveyor of lame music)

- Paris Hilton, circa 2003*

- Alice Cooper. Arguably the only person on this entire list I would actually have been excited to meet! But question: why does Alice Cooper shop at the Gap?

- Tom Cochrane's Daughter, another Canadian singer and songwriter. Since he is a C-list celebrity, by virtue of her dad's standing, his daughter is a D-list celebutante.

Ok, that's all I can remember off the top of my head. It's late and I'm tired. I'll post about my life soon enough. But in the meantime, here's Edd's photos from his recent trip to Toronto.

2 comments:

The Red Fork said...

I'm going to argue Tom Cochrane as a B-list celebrity. 'Life is a Highway' was in our heads for too damn long (and thrust down our throats 'cause hey he's Canadian). And how can you forget his most moving oeuvre to date: the commercial for the 30-hour famine?

Anonymous said...

edward is the sexiest mother fucker. i wish he was my boyfriend. http://www.e-st.net/showphoto.php?p=photos/Toronto2/img_1874.jpg&PHPSESSID=09e81ce3e6cda4aec3d41756e5e51826
i love his hair!!! ohhhhh eddy!!!