05 October 2005

Vote for Pedro

I am sick. Pathetically, horribly, unhappily ill. Fever, sinus congestion, cough, the works. I am pretty miserable about this, particularly since I wanted to get lots of work done during the week, so I would be able to enjoy the upcoming long weekend (Thanksgiving) without having to worrry about schoolwork. There is still a flicker of hope that I can persevere between now and Friday afternoon and get the majority of it out of the way.

But I'll stop whining, as the reason I got sick was totally worthwhile... I met Pedro on Saturday night! It was a completely surreal event, he was spinning at The Drink at the Guvernment. You can watch the evite here. Anyway, we spotted him standing pretty much alone in the corner of the room before he went on, so we decided to go over to him and just introduce ourselves. He was incredibly modest and down-to-earth, and even a bit flirtatious. We took a couple photos on Ben's phone but the group shot didn't turn out, although I have a really wicked one of him spinning which I will hopefully figure out how to upload. But the late night ended up taking its toll on my body, and here I am, a congested little mess. At least the weather is still lovely!

3 comments:

The Red Fork said...

Honey I just learned how to make matzo balls. Want some matzo ball soup? No? Ok, how about some matzo ball SUPE?

Becca said...

I am totally in the dark about Pedro and why he should be voted for but I hope you're feeling better now anyway.
Happy Thanksgiving all you Canadians... :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Pedro...
Try Tylenol Flu Nighttime. It really kicked my illness in the butt and my recovery time has been pretty fast! Note that being sick for a month isn't cool either. Don't put this off! I had a great time a few weekends ago drinking orange juice, sipping on chicken soup and sleeping whenever the hell I wanted.
P.S. Must get together to discuss summer travels. B-A